Top 5 Swim Spa Exercise Tips You Should Know
Swim spas are highly-regarded for their dual-purpose uses.
Not only do they provide an area for rest and relaxation, but recreation and exercise too! If you’re looking to use your swim spa to get in shape, lose weight, tone your body, or simply live a healthier lifestyle, then we have some great news for you! We’ve gathered some of our best and most effective tips and tricks to help you make the most of your time inside the swim spa.
Read on for more!
1. Warm Up
Warming-up your muscles and joints prior to any workout can prove to be highly beneficial. It can help improve mobility, flexibility, balance and the quality of your workout.
Start by immersing your body into the jet-driven water and relax for a few minutes. Once your body is used to the water, you can begin stretching your body. Include a variety of both static and dynamic stretches to ensure your body is completely warmed up.
2. Include Muscle-Building Exercises
Your workout should include a variety of exercises, both cardiovascular and muscle-building. Cardio-based exercises can generally be completed without the use of additional equipment, while most muscle-building exercises require the use of resistance bands, dumbbells, and weights.
While accessorizing your backyard swim spa installation, include a basket or container for your exercise equipment. After each use, properly dry them off and store properly.
3. Run, Walk or Swim!
Hydropool Swim Spas are equipped with a state-of-the-art jetting system. This high-powered jet can be found at the far end of the open tank of many swim spas. When engaged, this jet creates a stream that’s strong enough for users to run, walk or swim against.
Depending on your strength and endurance, you can choose which cardio exercise is best for you. Start by simply walking or fast walking against the stream for minutes at a time. From there, progress to a slow jog or immerse your body and swim a couple laps. If you start to get tired or fatigued, you can always stop and take a break.
4. Speak with Your Physician
Before you begin any exercise regimen, we highly recommend that you speak with your physician. They can advise you on the kind of exercise that will be most beneficial to your health. This is especially imperative if you suffer from a pre-existing health condition.
5. Additional Tips
Here are a few additional tips and tricks that our experts wanted to share with you:
- Ensure that the water in your swim spa is set to your desired temperature long before you enter the water
- Include a variety of backyard accessories to improve the safety and functionality, including exterior lighting, tables, towel stands, a radio, and a first aid kit
- Ensure that you keep yourself hydrated by filling a water bottle with cool water and keeping it within reach
- Eat a well-balanced diet to ensure that you make the most of your swim spa workout
- Make sure that make a diet and a workout plan before starting any aquatic workout, as this will make achieving your goals much easier
- Include a variety of exercises in your swim spa workout, so that you can equally strengthen and tone your entire body
Some water-based exercises you can try can include flutter kicks, squats, reverse crunches, torso twists, shoulder rolls, arm crossovers, and lunges.
Swim Spas in Minnesota
At Twin City Jacuzzi, we have a large selection of swim spas for sale at all three of our dealerships. Visit us in Burnsville, Plymouth, or St. Louis Park to see our Hydropool Swim Spas in person and determine which one is right for you.